Aluminum Can Smelt
Google “Ant Bed Aluminum Art” and you’ll see the reason for this project…along with the 1) Science & Coolness 2) Something fun to do while drinking beer 3) Aluminum recycling reasons and stuff.
Step-by-step instructions are included in the image captions within the gallery below – Click on any picture to load.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bag of play sand
- Bag of plaster of Paris.
- 10 quart steel bucket
- Two 5 gallon buckets
- Cooking spray
- 1″ Paddle drill bit or hole saw
- 1″ x 12″ iron pipe (nipple)
- 2.5 quart plastic bucket can be used for measuring the ingredients,
- 2.5 quart plastic bucket – that will be destroyed
- Propane tank – Crucible
- 2 x 4″ U-bolts
- Squirrel fan (or similar) – Mine came from an old bathroom vent I took apart. A cheapy leaf blower or fan might also work
Here’s the live action video!